East coast blizzard of '16

Robadat

Just wanted to let all know, I survived our 28" of snow w/ a side of flooding at high tide this weekend.:)
Only took three hours to dig my car out of the snow drift yesterday. :cool:
Didn't really matter much because the damn street didn't get plowed anyway.:mad:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear Robadat:

It's always good to hear that things are improving -- at least somewhat -- after such a major winter storm.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Sunny and 73 out here. How 'bout you, AlwaysWrite?

:p

Glad you're OK. You know it's bad when places that are equipped for and used to dealing with a lot of snow shut down!

My neighbor used to live in the NE. He said some winters they wouldn't see their cars for 3 months. He kept his sevice truck and his wife's car dug out, but the others disappeared under the great white mountain.

He also said when he left he gave his snow blower, shovel, and his heavy winter coats/hats/gloves to his neighbor and told him "You can have it. I'm never coming back to this shit!" :Biggrin:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Sunny and 73 out here. How 'bout you, AlwaysWrite?
Dear 9andaWiggle:

We've been experiencing below-average temperatures (even though sunny) for several days, and the low tonight will probably be in the mid-50s. But tomorrow will reach the mid- to upper-70s with a low around 63.

MI2AZ

I guess I should not mention that a couple of weeks ago, we got about a half inch of snow and they had to cancel the league because the Fort was going to shut down all the roads and they would not have let anyone bowling leave.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Yeah, but down south we don't have the plows/salt trucks to deal with even a light snow. Granted, a half inch is nothing... unless you're talking ice. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what!