Dead Man's Hand

MI2AZ

He appears to be deep in thought as he plans out his next dominoes move while his friends party around him.

But this young man is actually dead, and he is being the guest of honour at his own wake.

Jomar Aguayo Collazo was shot in a bar in Río Piedras in Puerto Rico last Sunday just a few days after his 23rd birthday.

Just before his funeral, his mother, who owns the bar, decided to give her son a decent send off by allowing him to play dominos and drink in his corner one last time.

Dressed in a blue tracksuit, Jomar sat with his head bowed as friends and family took it in turns to sit on the chairs surrounding him, while dance music played from the juke box.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
That's pretty cool. I'm surprised "custom" funerals isn't more of a thing, actually. Personally, I find the traditional funeral to be, well... Boring? Stuffy? Depressing? All of the above? Not trying to be disrespectful, but what they're selling is not a "celebration of life", IMO.

So I'm with Jomar on this one. When I die, I'd rather my friends and family take me out to the lake. Light a big ol' bonfire, roast a hog (with all the fixins), tap a keg or two, turn up the radio and give it hell one last time. Prop me up on the tailgate of my truck where everybody can come tell me dirty jokes, hug me, confess to shenanigans with my sheep, or say whatever parting words they need to. I promise to be a good listener. As the food and beer run out, toss my carcass on the fire and raise their glasses for one last toast. They can wish me well, or to go to hell. It won't matter to me at that point. But it'll be a better send off than anything else I've seen.

RIP Jomar.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THATS REAL SENTIMENTAL 9. BUT WHAT MAKES YOU THINK ANYONE WOULD SHOW UP, EXCEPT THE SHEEP? :D

Good Times Good Times

Prop me up on the tailgate of my truck where everybody can come tell me dirty jokes, hug me, confess to shenanigans with my sheep.
The sheep said it was your wish to be propped up "beside the jukebox". Written wills are good 9~, we can't the sheep breaking into divided groups regarding your last wishes.

MI2AZ

That's pretty cool. I'm surprised "custom" funerals isn't more of a thing, actually. Personally, I find the traditional funeral to be, well... Boring? Stuffy? Depressing? All of the above? Not trying to be disrespectful, but what they're selling is not a "celebration of life", IMO.

So I'm with Jomar on this one. When I die, I'd rather my friends and family take me out to the lake. Light a big ol' bonfire, roast a hog (with all the fixins), tap a keg or two, turn up the radio and give it hell one last time. Prop me up on the tailgate of my truck with my pants down, behind my favorite sheep, where everybody can come tell me dirty jokes, hug me, confess to shenanigans with my sheep, or say whatever parting words they need to. I promise to be a good listener. As the food and beer run out, toss my carcass on the fire and raise their glasses for one last toast. They can wish me well, or to go to hell. It won't matter to me at that point. But it'll be a better send off than anything else I've seen.

RIP Jomar.
Fixed. :)