Contested Convention

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
You know those assholes over there at the RNC are salivating over the chance to kick Donald out and make ol brother Jeb the nominee!

Unbelievable we may STILL have a chance at yet another Bush/Clinton ticket. :Frown:

bbfreeburn

No, this is unbelievable. One of the talking heads was musing about the possibility of a Clinton at the top of the ticket with Kasich as her VP.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
No, this is unbelievable. One of the talking heads was musing about the possibility of a Clinton at the top of the ticket with Kasich as her VP.
... but if such a concept gained significant traction, wouldn't Kasich start getting even fewer GOP primary votes than he already is?

bbfreeburn

BTW, I'd be willing to make a small wager that there will be a third party on the ballot come Election time. Not one of the minor ones that are always there but a scenario like this.
1) Democrat (probably Hillary and ???)
2) Trump and someone
3) Jeb, Cruz, or someone and someone.

If Trump is nominated then the non-Trump Republicans put up a ticket of their own. If Trump isn't nominated he runs as an independent. I think the Rep. convention will be brokered, in which case Trump will not be the Rep. nominee. Yes, he keeps getting 40+ % but that, if my math is right, won't get him the votes he needs on the first ballot. After that all hell breaks loose.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
BTW, I'd be willing to make a small wager that there will be a third party on the ballot come Election time. Not one of the minor ones that are always there but a scenario like this.
1) Democrat (probably Hillary and ???)
2) Trump and someone
3) Jeb, Cruz, or someone and someone.

If Trump is nominated then the non-Trump Republicans put up a ticket of their own. If Trump isn't nominated he runs as an independent. I think the Rep. convention will be brokered, in which case Trump will not be the Rep. nominee. Yes, he keeps getting 40+ % but that, if my math is right, won't get him the votes he needs on the first ballot. After that all hell breaks loose.
I think is is a good prediction.....IF.......IF. the GOP allows trump to live. I understand the fear Trump instills into the GOP, and I believe he will have an attempt on his life or a strange accident before November.

Last edited:

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I wouldn't doubt the hitmen and cover up are likely being prepped, but then, I'm surprised some truly racist asshole hasn't made an attempt on Obama too. I figured 7 years ago there would be at least one that couldn't handle it and would completely lose his shit over a black president. Fortunately that hasn't happened.

As for 3rd party runs... how about Bernie? He could attempt to go that route too. He's not getting any younger, might be his last chance at the Big House.