Any new, original Xmas music out there?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Reading another forum, and someone pointed out there are only about 12 Christmas songs in existence - they are just constantly recycled by every musician doing their own version of these same 12 songs. A bit of a non-exact exaggeration, but not by much. The vast majority of Christmas music IS the same stuff reworked by everyone under the sun.

Which brings us to this thread. What new, original Christmas music is out there? I'd offer some up, but I don't know of any at the moment. Trans Siberian would be my "latest" discovery along these lines, but they've been out for a couple decades...

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
MY FAV IS FROM VINCE VANCE AND THE VALLIANTS "ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU".

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I don't think he's too into the current music scene. Very knowledgeable on the classics though.
Dear 9andaWiggle:

You've got that right. As much of an expert as I am on oldies music, I have virtually no knowledge (or interest) in modern-day music. And by the way, the thread title refers to "new, original" music, and "original" music isn't the same as "new" music.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
You're supposed to be more jolly then! :Roflmao:
Dear GTGT:

Believe it or not, I tend to be jolly. Whenever I've met forum posters in person, I'm sure they've come away with a different-than-expected impression. In actuality, and in most ways, I'm the complete opposite of an "old grouch"; further, I have a great sense of humor (whether I come across that way in the forums or not).