5 Yr Old Suspended For Bringing To School A Gun

MI2AZ

A bubble gun, that is.

A 5-year-old in Colorado is in hot water for bringing a gun to school. A toy bubble gun. The girl's mother—Emma, no last name given—said that she didn't know her daughter had stashed the plastic toy in her backpack. She says she was shocked when the school called and told her to pick the kindergartner up. "Could we have a warning?" she says. "It blows bubbles." But the school is standing its ground, saying in a statement that "despite the student's age and type of item, this suspension is consistent with our district policy," adding that other students have received one-day suspensions for similar infractions, such as packing Nerf guns.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Lucky she didn't get hard time in prison. Especially after the rash of 2 year olds shooting their parents in vehicles. Kids are hardened criminals these days... just can't trust 'em! LOCK 'EM UP!! :confused:

Robadat

A spokesman for School District 27J in Brighton declined requests for interviews, but in an email defended the suspension, stating it "is consistent with our district policy."

The policy includes fake firearms that could reasonably be mistaken for an actual firearm, but many question if that actually applies to the princess bubble gun.
Maybe I'm a little jaded due to my background and knowledge of what actual firearms are...
But what reasonably SANE person would ever reasonably mistake this toy bubble gun for an actual firearm?

Good Times Good Times

Maybe I'm a little jaded due to my background and knowledge of what actual firearms are...
But what reasonably SANE person would ever reasonably mistake this toy bubble gun for an actual firearm?
And that she probably threw it in her backpack last minute or something, which I can see a child doing. Even I'm looking at this saying...."that's a bunch of liberal bullshit." ha!

MI2AZ

IIRC, weren't there cases of kids being suspended for just making a gun gesture with their fingers? Aren't adults supposed to have something called Common Sense or even a bit of wisdom?

MI2AZ

IIRC, wasn't there a few cases of kids being suspended for making a gun gesture with their fingers? You would think most adults would have something called Common Sense or a bit of wisdom.

Edited to add:

Case 1

Case 2

Robadat

This all goes back to the Strict Enforcement policy, no leeway.
Attributing this to a Strict Enforcement or Zero Tolerance Policy is a load of BS.
I don't care, in no way, shape or form does this bubble gun fit the description in the policy, "fake firearms that could reasonably be mistaken for an actual firearm".

This isn't about granting leeway or discretion in punishment for an offense that occurred, there was no offense committed because there is no way a reasonable person could mistake a bubble gun for an actual firearm. Same should stand for half eaten pop tarts, fingers and folded up paper...

No offense, no punishment. End of story.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Attributing this to a Strict Enforcement or Zero Tolerance Policy is a load of BS.
I don't care, in no way, shape or form does this bubble gun fit the description in the policy, "fake firearms that could reasonably be mistaken for an actual firearm".

This isn't about granting leeway or discretion in punishment for an offense that occurred, there was no offense committed because there is no way a reasonable person could mistake a bubble gun for an actual firearm. Same should stand for half eaten pop tarts, fingers and folded up paper...

No offense, no punishment. End of story.
Uh oh... looks like somebody needs a little re-indoctrination to recognize the error of his ways! :Eek:

Robadat

Please, please, no re-indoctrination,

I promise I will CONFORM my ways...

I now believe we should "Hang the Little Beeoootch!!!" :Laugh::Laugh::Laugh:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I can only say that it's a good thing for the Escanaba school district that I have no more kids in school. Heads would be fucking rolling!